Client Type: Argo Architects
Client Type: Architect
Services: Electrical design and documentation, Mechanical design and documentation, Hydraulic design and documentation
Property Technologies was commissioned to complete the services design for the refurbishment of the Kuala Lumpur Aquatic Centre for the 2017 South East Asian Games.
This project involved updating the pool filtration systems, lighting and associated services up to international competition standard. Argo Architects were our partners on this project (completion May 2017).
Property Technologies initially entered the engineering domain in 1985 through the refurbishment field.
We have developed a proven, specialist ability to review and analyse existing building services systems to determine the most cost effective long term solution for each services system to:
- Elevate the performance of the systems to provide the level of service necessary to achieve the re-positioning of the building in the market place.
- Achieve required Building Code of Australia and Australian Standard compliance for the
- Attain green star ratings for refurbished buildings if required under the client’s scope of works.
Over the years, we have developed a deserved reputation for refurbishment projects; our experienced team of engineers is well equipped to adapt modern building services systems and practices to existing, older systems. One recurring problem with older properties is the type and operation of the fire and life safety systems; we pride ourselves on thinking outside the square to resolve these services problems to both the clients and statutory authorities’ satisfaction. We are a constant point of call for some of our clients to diagnose problems with their existing equipment and provide solutions that are not only affordable, but cause minimal disruption to the ongoing operation of the building.
Working as part of the design team we have been involved in successfully refurbishing and/or extending many commercial offices buildings, shopping centres, hotels and clubs.
Some of our refurbishment projects:
- 300 Adelaide St, office building refurbishment
- 320 Adelaide St, office building refurbishment
- 444 Queen St, office Building refurbishment
- 301 Coronation Drive, office building refurbishment
- Geebung RSL
- Redcliffe RSL
- Wynnum RSL
- South Tweed Bowls Club
- Cadogan House Medical Specialist Facility Refurbishment
- Carlton Crest Hotel
- Regatta Hotel
- Balmoral Hotel
- Country Club Hotel
- Albany Creek Hotel
- Hamilton Hotel
- Springwood Hotel
- Aitkenvale Hotel